Friday, October 2, 2015

living out loud with grandma lee


Such a night I have had!
After watching Dan Aykroyd and Walter Matthau cracking wise in "The Couch Trip", I headed downtown, revved up and ready for fun!
Dinner at Panera was made extra special by a random stranger. I was seated by a window, periodically watching the sidewalk traffic and totally enjoying the arugula and chicken salad. (That means I was smiling and swaying to music!) Suddenly, I noticed a businessman had stopped in his tracks and was looking at ... me! Once he caught my eye, he smiled and nodded, then was on his way to wherever he had been going. What a cool encounter!
I then floated on down to the Lucas to usher the Friday night film, but left just before it began. I had a hot date with the Live Out Loud crowd! Comedy awaited!
Seriously!
(smile!)
Grandma Lee had come to town and we had all gathered at Club One to gather her pearls of wisdom. HA! If you believe that I have some oceanfront property in Arizona for you!
I had double-booked myself for this evening because... well, because I once had my very own Grandma Lee. Also, because this one shares my birthday.
Plus, I really like many of the people I've met at LOL.
(smile!)
This show was hosted by Tom of the Savannah Comedy Revue. That meant some local comedians were up there to warm up the crowd - cool! I finally go to hear Bill Cooper's riffing! Loved it, too! He is a true comedian, able to elicit laughs without the use of crude language. Bravo!
The jokester who traveled up from Florida with Grandma Lee was a hoot, too! He had several bits about his dad, whose hand was amputated many years ago. His dad has a great perspective about his perceived disability and likes to turn the tables on unsuspecting folks. Here's my favorite: they were shopping in Home Depot and a young clerk comes up and cheerfully asks "can I give you a hand?" Justthatfast, the dad holds up his stump and says "That would be great!" HAhaHA!
After the show, most of us stayed for the cabaret shows. Woohoo! No extra charge as we had paid for the comedy! Free burlesque for me, Robert, Brian, Brenda, Trisha, and newcomer Wendy! Good thing I had planned ahead and had some dollars for the 'girls'!
They work hard for the money, ya know.
(smile!)
I strategically located myself near the stage, so I could greet them as they stepped down. Nice! I even comvinced the other in my group to sit at the front tables with me! Even better! Then we cheered and clapped for Destiny Myklz (the slinky, sultry hostess), rock-n-roller girl Blair Williams (now Miss Gay America!), country crooner Layla Fox (who had fun with me when I graciously helped her retrieve a fallen bill!), the ever-improving Motion Adriana, and the curvy, hard-hearted Kendall St. James. Quite a bootylicious bunch!
What a special treat, too, to have Blair whisper in my ear "Always good to see you again."
(smile!)
Yes, this has been quite a good night!
Sweet dreams, y'all!

No comments: