Tuesday, October 20, 2015

it's a toy story, charlie brown!



Poor Franklin!
I guess he didn't grow up in the same part of Schultztown where the Peanuts gang lived.
I found this comic was quite timely, especially when I discovered just an hour ago that "The Muppets" were not scheduled for this Tuesday night's viewing pleasure.
Well, drats.
I might have gone to trivia after all, had I known.
But that's okay!
'Tis October and apparently time for the 1966 classic, "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown".
I like this one! I don't think I've managed to catch it in the last few years, so I very much enjoyed watching it again. Poor Linus, hoping he was in the most sincere pumpkin patch, hoping to see the great bearer of gifts for the true believers, hoping and keeping the faith. Poor Charlie Brown, hoping for treats, getting rocks.
Then there's Lucy. Hahaha haha! Her costume reflected her inner b.... - oops! I meant to say witch! LOL!
Surely that was done for the parents watching the show!

I stayed tuned in afterward for "Toy Story of TERROR!" I really like Woody and Buzz and didn't recall ever seeing this special.
It's supposed to be a Halloween special, but...I wasn't catching any Halloween theme from it.
No pumpkins, no costumes, no trick-or-treating.
Still, I did find this 2013 short movie to be a fun diversion! I especially liked the motel manager who was selling 'found' toys on eBay! Very funny!

Okay, fun's over!
Let's see about washing those dishes, shall we?

No comments: