Friday, October 9, 2015

i'm going to be in the movies!


Hooray!
What a treat that would be, to be sitting in the audience at the 2015 Savannah Film Festival and see me up on the silver screen!
Mama would be so thrilled!
Of course, that will only come to pass if several events occur.
1) The 'bumper' created by Lukas Borovicka, SCAD film student, and his crew will have to be selected by the film festival judges.
2) The interview conducted with me this morning will have to be chosen to be part of that submitted 'bumper'.
3) I will have to be present in one of the theatres when that particular 'bumper' is shown.

Here's hoping!
What is a 'bumper'?
That is a short bit of footage shown prior to each block of screenings during the film festival. In previous years, there are usually several chosen to appear. The 'bumper' typically has to be an homage to some aspect of film history or the movie experience.
Lukas and his crew (Skylar, Marco, and several others) met with me at Savannah Film Studios for my interview. I had brought two other shirts with me, as requested, but I had hoped my 'blue ocean' shirt from Italy would be the winner. It was the one I wore. And it was the one they chose for the interview! Yeah!
I was also wearing the Mary Kay lipstick ("Sunset") and Mary Kay mascara my stepsister-out-law (Kathy) had sent me recently. (She had admonished me at the wedding for not wearing any make-up and promised to make sure I had some for the future. Thanks, g'friend!)
Lukas asked me questions about what film meant to me, why movies were important, what aspects were to be emphasized. Coolness! Right up my alley, as I speak frequently of film here and there and elsewhere! I spoke of fast cars and Italy and the importance of trying to understand others. I talked of travel to far countries and reminders of home and the importance of sweet dreams.
How was I selected to be interviewed?
Simple, really. They were looking for people going to movies in the downtown area and were working the lobby of the Lucas Theatre last weekend. I was ushering for both the Friday and Saturday films.
Right place, right time.
(smile!)

No comments: