Saturday, August 1, 2015

wedding in monteagle!


What a beautiful couple!
Here they are,
taking their first twirl
on the dance floor
as wife and husband!
The song?
Bob Dylan's "Make You Feel My Love".
Wonderful song!
You should notice that
the groom, Daniel,
is clad in a summer linen suit
and the bride, Stephanie,
is wearing her long hair down
with a lovely clasp.
Very nice!
That's how you know
this was a Southern wedding!
(smile)
Held in the mountains of Tennessee,
in the small town of Monteagle,
it most assuredly was.


As an outlaw cuz'n, I was privileged to be there as a witness. I had received TWO invitations, so I made sure I came! I have been staying at the Dubose Conference Center, site of the reception this evening. (Hey, with that family name, I pretty much had to come, right? What a way to link this wedding of cousins to the earlier one in Augusta!)
I've been here in Monteagle since Thursday. I had wanted to come early, to avoid the madness of Friday afternoon traffic. Mission accomplished!

I had known the Davidsons would already be there, arriving early like myself. That first night, I had baked sketti at their rental house with them and Auntie and Uncle, then got my butt kicked, repeatedly, while playing Metroid Blast with the girls. The last game ended with me as a winner in a three-way tie. Yep, that was my cue to bow out!
The next morning, I drove over to the Dutch Maid Bakery in Tracy City. It had been years since I'd been there with Mother Pat for the cowboy bread! That bread was no longer there, but I did have a country breakfast to get me through the day. I bought some goodies and headed over to Steph's to help decorate posters for the reception.
I then headed out to explore. You know - find the church for the rehearsal later. Not only did I find it, I also ran across Jim Oliver's Smoke House Restaurant! Too bad his daughter Nancy couldn't join me at the buffet, but I understand about "construction season" in areas that get snow. I went ahead and dove in to the fried fish (it was Friday, after all!), the ice-cold RC Cola, and the bread pudding. Good eats!
A quick change of clothes and back to the Morton Memorial United Methodist Church. Rehearsal was to begin at ? 5:15? 5:30? Eventually! The groom was the last to arrive, but he was determined that all should go well. He even requested a third rehearsal to make sure!

Reverend Barton made sure everyone knew where they were to congregate.
The precessional was first, with the bride's party to be seated on the left.
The groomsmen would sit in the center pew, when that time came.
The readers could sit anywhere else.
Now, all to the rear for the first practice!
Hey! Do you see that pink orb???
Off to the lower right, near the
seated woman's head?
I do believe Steph's and Chris's dad was present to share the gladness of the day!
Perhaps Rev. Barton was responsible?
Or maybe David's need to share his love with his children?
What a joyous occasion!
I wonder if Brian's camera picked up the orb, too?
I certainly hope so, as well as the two pink orbs above the lights gracing the wedding couple.
How very fortunate that this branch of the Kopek clan had arrived from Minneapolis in time for the rehearsals!
Here we go!
The groom and his men are in place.
The bridesmaids are all in place, too.
Then the "Wedding March" begins!
The radiant bride enters
on the arm of her
one-and-only brother,
both in glad spirits!
Woohoo!
After the Declaration of Consent and an opening prayer, the couple sit to the side for the three readings they have chosen.
The Song of Solomon verses of love are followed by Colossians' call to forgive and be thankful.
Then Chris read Psalm 127, for the couple to be blessed with children.
After the readings, Rev. Barton addressed the couple with a simple homily.
Then, it was time for the marriage vows!
The exchanging of the rings!
The presentation of the couple
as husband and wife!
Woohoo!
And, of course, the kiss!
But we weren't quite done.
Auntie Arlene then read her nine prayers for their new life, while the pink orbs lent their rosy glow to the proceedings.
Amazingly, no tears... only smiles and joy!
Then the party moved to Dave's Modern Tavern for the rehearsal feast!
Thanks to Jenna's selfie wand, we were able to get our entire table in the photo...plus a few more folks!
The wedding party's table got their own selfie, too!
That Jenna is one talented - and busy! - lass!
I even managed to grab a pic of just me and the bride!
It's even an action shot!
(smile!)
Saturday, Saturday!
What to do, what adventure today?
Well, as I had told the folks from Canada, I wanted to see a train while I was here. I had thought about the Incline Railroad, but my concern was it would take too much of the day.
I opted for the Cowan Railroad Museum, as Sheldon Cooper would have. But first, how about an early lunch? That English muffin and grapes was wearing thin...
After driving and driving, the smell of barbeque lured me to John T's BBQ Smokehouse in Winchester. Hooray! Fabulous ribs!!!
Hunger sated, I cruised back to the museum, exploring it thoroughly.
It was a work of love and rather small, but full of local history,
Then, back to Monteagle!
Great timing!
Kathy had arrived from Paris!
I dressed and joined her, riding to the church together.
There, she regaled Daniel with the tale of how the Kopeks came to the mountain, thanks to her dad and Auntie's sister Pat getting married.
Brian got it all on his videocam, too!


We were all there early, mostly so the wedding party could get the photographs taken. But, also, it gave us a chance to visit with everyone, share some laughs, share some hugs.
Very nice!
I even met Amy, my ex's girlfriend of the past three years (or so). They had driven down from Michigan and had arrived just an hour earlier.
Then, it was time for the main event of this glorious afternoon!
I had two photos that I really wanted to take...
and I managed to get both of them!

Here comes the bride,
on her brother's arm,
smiling and happy!

And there she goes,
on her husband's arm,
smiling and happy!
Then we one and all convened to the Dubose for the feast and the dancing and the cake and the fun photographs and the cigars and the talking and the laughing and the chandelier!
Kathy and I sat with Jeff and Amy and Lynn (one of Steph's coworkers).
What a wonderful time we had!
I missed the departure of the bride and groom, as I skipped out after several hours of dancing. (Hey, I have an early morning tomorrow, if I'm to visit Tony and my great-niece!)
What a grand trip this has been!
G'night, all!
Sweet dreams!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had such a good time reading this, Tina! I especially like your theory of the "orb" in the picture. Put a smile on my face! - Chris

faustina said...

Thanks, Chris! I always keep my mind open for seeing such energy manifestations!
If you click on the photo, you can see the orb much better. Such a beautiful rosy pink!
<3