Sunday, August 23, 2015

dresses for baseball!


Honestly, if I didn't have poison ivy all over my abdomen, I doubt I would have worn dresses two nights in a row.
However, I most assuredly do have the rash, dying though it is after nearly a week.
I've taken to adjusting the ride of my undergarments to allow the least possible contact between my itchy - but not oozing - skin and any man-made materials.
Such as the cloth in clothes, whether natural or synthetic in origin.


Friday night, I arrived in this little Hawaiian cover-up.
It had one pocket, which was really all would have needed.
Well, ordinarily.
You may not be able to tell, but my left arm is slathered in calamine lotion.
I carried my butterfly totebag just in case reinforcements were needed.
It also carried my Prednisone dose for the evening.
Friday was the first day of a 14-day regimen on the steroid.


Last night, Sandy came with me!
We posed for this photo prior to the game.
Like, very much prior to the game.
The rains came before the boys could even start.
We ended up at Christa's video party in Pooler after all.
"Vampire's Kiss" was screened, with dragonfruit and various cheeses and deli meats, courtesy of Steve.
All of us were rather nonplussed with the dragonfruit.
Pretty to look at, but rather slimy and bland.
Barbara thought if might lend some interest to a smoothie.
Not for me, thanks, but how nice of Steve to bring it!

What about my dress?
Well, this gold dolphin-bedecked little number also hails from Kuaui.
It has two pockets!
This dress, as well as the other, came from Mother Pat's closet.
Both are loose and so very comfortable and the fabrics are quite soft.
My gratitude for her taste being similar to my own!

Am I wearing a dress again for my Gnats?
Yes, a loose, gauzy, dark green that makes my hazel eyes shift.
It's one of my own, an old favorite.
Maybe there will be a photo of it sometime.

Now, I'm off to the doubleheader today. That noon start is almost here!

No comments: