Monday, May 18, 2015

living out loud with the sand gnats!


The first thing we did, after getting our dollar hotdogs and such, was pose for a Shutterbug photo.
After all, this was Sandy's first time at a Sand Gnats game and I wanted it properly documented!
She had asked if I wanted to go to Odd Lot, but I already had the evening planned with the Live Out Loud crew. Did she want to join us for the game?
"Actually, I think I will", she had replied.
Superb!
After locating four members of the group, we and the rest of LOL headed for the aluminum bleachers.
No, I don't usually sit there, but they do.
Well, the ones who had actually been to a game before!

Here's the whole motley crew of those who Live Out Loud!
That's Pablo, Sandy, and me in the third row.
Robert, newcomer Dana, and Brian are front and center.
Then we have Shauna, newcomer Chels, Marta, and Brenda.
Robert and Brenda are the co-leaders of the group.

Sitting along the first base line was certainly a different perspective for me.
Once upon a time, me and the ex and Tank and some other folks sat in this area almost always.
Then the ex, my husband at the time, was hired as the voice in the booth and I moved to the area behind home plate.
I've basically been there ever since.
But this was certainly
a glorious evening
to be out from under the roof!
Even the angels
were in attendance,
beaming upon
my boys of summer.
Beaming upon all of us.
So very nice!
We stayed with the group,
talking and laughing
and getting to know each other
until just after
the sixth inning.
Time to show Sandy
around the place!
The first stop, of course,
was to visit Mister Willie.
Oh, my goodness!
He was pleased as punch
to meet such a cutie!
I sat and talked to Jack,
telling him about Live Out Loud.
"That sounds just like you!"
he proclaimed with a smile.
(smile)
We stayed there for
the 7th inning stretch,
singing along.
Then Gnate appeared for the
"Sweet Caroline" singalong.
Time for Sandy's photo op
with the South Atlantic League's
Mascot of the Year!
And guess what?
The Sand Gnats won!
Did they score five runs???
Nope, just four,
but that was
all they needed!
Great game, boys!
And it was done in time for Sandy and I to catch a movie, too.
"Mad Max: Fury Road", recommended by Bonnie Blue, was our choice.
Wow! What incredible pacing!
And, at the end, waiting in the parking lot near my car was this message from Mama.
Right place, right time, right people.
(smile)

1 comment:

TUT said...

May 20, 2015

Once you make up your mind, Faustina, and start something. Once you commit to it, say "Yes!" and never look back. Do you have any doubt that I won't rush to your side?

That legions won't be summoned? That players won't be drawn to help, assist, and fall in love? That connections won't be made? Circumstances won't be crafted? Dots won't be connected?

That the course of history won't be irrevocably changed?

Good, I didn't think so.

I'd say you're ready,
The Universe