Friday, May 22, 2015

free baseball, tortuga style!


Last year, I saw the fireworks from the Daytona Cubs game.

This year,
I had free entry
to the Daytona Tortugas game!
Woohoo!
The new ballclub was celebrating
Military Appreciation Night
on this glorious day
and I was right there
at Jackie Robinson Ballpark!
In honor of the new mascot,
I had the Sheldon Dog.
Sheldon the Tortuga...
get it?
(smile)
I also had a Summer Shandy,
the closest thing
to a lemonade I could get.
Pretty smooth, too!
Such an exciting game!
As good fortune would have it,
I sat right in the midst of
some serious fans of both
baseball and the team.
Hooray!
I even joined in with my chants,
being careful to say "Tugas"
instead of "Gnats"!
I managed to catch
this shot just by looking up
at the right time.
What a nice composition!
All I had to do was
point and click.
Right place, right time.
(smile)
By the way,
here's Sheldon!
He was a most enthusiastic
and friendly fellow,
much like my beloved
Gnate T. Gnat.
He clearly loved his work!
He was there to rouse
the crowd to the very end!
And here we are,
at the end of the game!
It took three innings of
free baseball
(that's a total of 12 innings,
to the baseball novice),
but the Tortugas won out
over the Hammerheads
!
Go, 'Tugas!!!

Nothing like a winning
game of baseball,
out in the night air,
to make a girl
feel nice and relaxed
at day's end.
Oh, yeah!

No comments: