Sunday, May 10, 2015

sourdough 163163


Yes, I like it
when my mileage
marks my being
in the right place
at the right time.
True, 163163 isn't palindromic.
Nor does it celebrate being a "nice round number".
What it did mark
was my successful
return home,
to my own driveway,
after a pre-coffee
trip to retrieve
my butterfly bag
from downtown.
What was it doing there?
Good question.
I had jetted off from JAVAFLIX Savannah, sans bag, to join Barbara and Sandy for a viewing of "The Age of Adaline". Sandy had not yet seen the science fiction, time-travel romance and we wanted to see it again.
I don't normally carry a bag downtown.
I'm sure that's why I forgot it.
Why did I bring it?
The film offered for discussion last night had subtitles. I had wanted to have my glasses, for faster reading, so I could actually watch more of "Living Is Easy With Eyes Closed". I'm glad I had my glasses, as the cinematography was beautiful, lots of seascapes and hills, as this 1966 teacher in Spain travels in search of John Lennon, who is there in the country to film "How I Won The War".
The teacher bears the nickname "The Fifth Beatle", bestowed upon him by his students.
Why that name instead of one based on a physical trait?
He is an avid user of the Beatles' lyrics as his primary tool for teaching English to the children.
Hence, the reason the teacher requires a meeting with Lennon. The lyrics cannot all be determined, due to accents and music overloads, so the notebook in which the teacher writes the words contains blanks needing to be filled.
Amazingly, this was a true story! What a devoted teacher! Knowing that Antonio was real and not some fictional character made me like the quasi-documentary that much more! Others definitely agree with me.

As good fortune would have it, this morning I retrieved my beautiful butterfly bag.
The bag had been bought specifically for my avventura in Italy three years ago.
Also, as good fortune would have it, Patrick had set up a table of day-old breads from a local bakery, right there on the sidewalk.
Was there any sourdough?
Yes! Yes, there was!
One craggy round of asiago sourdough for me, one traditional loaf of sourdough for Panda Ann's ceremony later.
I ate some of the round as I returned home. Yum!
Now, time for coffee... and more of that sourdough round!

No comments: