Friday, May 8, 2015

slapschtick and kisses!


"Boeing, Boeing"!
What a treat tonight!
A well-deserved treat, too, after this stressful week.
Also, a long-awaited treat, as I have been delightfully anticipating this farce since last May.
That's when The Collective Face Theatre Ensemble announced the pieces to be performed their next year.

Just so you know, this was not my first time seeing this farsical bit of fluff. Oh, no! I had first seen it almost two years ago. The fun folks at the Tybee Arts Performing Society had made my day, with me laughing nearly all the way through.
The thing is, here's the thing. (A phrase my ex is quite fond of using.) The actors at TAPS tend to be older than me, sometimes considerably so. The play they performed, while using the same words, had been excised of the pratfalls, for safety's sake.
No such barrier tonight. With a (mostly) younger cast, the tumbling and falling and acrobatics were fair game.
Amazing what a difference that made!
Suddenly, the laughs were not limited to the dialogue, but arose from every aspect of the play!
Well, maybe not every aspect. As you can see, the set was gorgeous!
I'm glad Barbara Boo was able to drop whatever she was doing to join me on this opening night.
We both were able to feast on sweet treats from Joe's Homemade at the apres-show party!
She really loved the cream puffs and the cheesecake petits fours.
I favored the German Forest petits fours and these lovely, lovely turtles!
I bit their little heads off, nibbled on their tiny feet!
LOL!
My thanks to B. Kliban for the inspiration!
My thanks to the wonderful cast, especially Eric Salles, for tickling my funnybone and reminding me of the joys of kissing!
My love to Barbara for her friendship!

1 comment:

TUT said...

May 8, 2015 5 AM

The very same magic, the very same, Faustina, that you used to get your first job, to find a best friend, and to heal what hurt, that even now finishes your sentences, beats your heart, and inspires your dreams, is the exact same "grade" of stuff that can make what you most want today come to pass.

Point being: You've already engaged it. You've already commanded it. You've already done the impossible... So what's the big deal about doing it again?

Oh go on...
The Universe