Saturday, May 9, 2015

sending food through the mail


Say what?
Yep, today is the day that the US Post Office will charge the mail carriers with gathering supplies for local food banks.
I always make sure to participate, especially
as I always have extra on hand.
Mama had taught me to keep the pantry stocked with dry goods, just in case of bad weather or unexpected company.
So when the stores have BOGO of my favorites, I buy extra soup and extra vegetables and extra pasta.
Just in case.
Today is an opportunity to help others.
The USPS even made it easy for me.
They provided the bag and will pick it up.
All I had to do was load up the bag and set it outside by the mailbox.
That's what I did, too.
A box of muffin mix (just add water!) was the first to go in, then a box of curly pasta.
They were followed by cans of tuna, cans of soup, cans of tomatoes.
A bag of black beans (just add water!) topped it off.

What an uplifting start to my day!

No comments: