Friday, March 13, 2015

greening time!


For the first time in my AD memory, I attended this annual pre-St. Patrick's Day event.
Today was gray and drippy, but that didn't stop the crowd from the festivities -
nor me, either!
This year's Grand Marshal of the Parade had brought his grandkids to help with the Greening of The Fountain.
He, and they, and several other celebrities, each poured a token bucket of green dye into the fountain, simultaneously.
And there is that touch of green beginning to show!
As the water circulated, the mass of dye flowed down the sides of the statue, streaking her gown with emerald green!
Beautiful!
I'm so glad I was at the 30th year of this!


2 comments:

Jim said...


Jim Casey
March 13 at 3:53pm

I was there too. Sorry I missed you.

Lorrie said...


Lorretta Ruggiero
March 20 at 10:16am

I miss seeing that fountain. I remember chasing our dog Bud around Forsyth Park.