Monday, June 1, 2015

baseball games, just for me!


I told my dear friend Scott the Eagle Scout, "The Gnats are even having a game for me! Yeah!"
He had responded, "Not a regularly scheduled game??"
Then I had to 'fess up.
"Scheduled by the God that loves us all! Meaning, yes, it was already on the schedule, waiting for my birthday to arrive."
Right?
I was blessed with baseball games, and fabulous weather, for my entire birthday weekend.
Yes, I did say "birthday weekend"!
I just may it go longer, too. After all, it's a Heinz 57 year for me, so that warrants something extra, n'est-ce pas?
(smile!)
Each game was different, as they all are. Each one had unique plays that the other games did not have.
That's why I so enjoy watching the games!
This time, I had different folks with me for each of the three games.
What a nice treat for me!
On Friday,
my artist friend
had bought
box seats for us!
Even for my karaoke friend, Sandy!
Section C, Row 2,
Seat 13 was mine,
all mine!
Thanks, Bill!
But did I sit there for the whole game?
Nope!
My first niece and her family were there as a surprise!!!
She had even brought a bouquet of balloons for me, cinching them down so they wouldn't obstruct anyone's view.
How very considerate!
How very her!
Saturday, I was with the "Sweet Caroline" girls, that incredible mother-daughter duo,
Lynn and Lauri!
This time, I was poaching the box seat, but no one ran me out!
Gnate was celebrating "his" birthday that day.
High five, Gnate!
For the afternoon game on Sunday, I was "sitting down in my seat", as I did two weeks ago.
This time, I was joined by a new guy, Don Brickey.
He's in two meetups with me
(Live Out Loud and JAVAFLIX)
and had wanted to get to
know me better.
(smile)
Mission accomplished, I'd say!
I even gave him one of my
"$5 pizza" tickets from last night's winning game.
Sharing the wealth, y'all!
He texted me this morning to thank me again, as he ate his "meatsa" pizza for breakfast.
Very nice!

No comments: