Wednesday, June 17, 2015

SCIENCE! and dive-in movies


Woohoo!
After my smiley breakfast, I headed to the
Dunes Lagoon pool for some science!
That's right!
Even on vacation, I'm working!
The folks here were hosting a
"Science Lab" today.
We learned how to turn water bottles into rainbow bubble blowers!
You can do it, too!
Cut the bottom off the water bottle.
Wrap a washcloth around the bottom,
secure with a rubber band,
and dunk the cloth into soapy water.
Flip over, dot the cloth with food dye,
flip back over.
Then blow into the mouthpiece!
Ta da!!!
I had driven this morning,
as it was already sweltering
at only 11 AM.
However, it really wasn't far from my villa, so I decided to walk over for the "Movie Trivia" at 7 PM.
Good idea!
The temp had dropped to the low 80's.
Still way too warm, but better.
And I was a winner!!!
Mostly kids were playing, raising their hands even when they didn't have a clue about the answer.
Gotta love that enthusiasm!
But I knew the kid star of
"Home Alone", so I won this
cool tote bag and purple magnet!
Thanks, Jake (not of State Farm)!
(You've seen the tv commercial, right?)
Soon, it was time for the movie!
To celebrate my win, I had a margarita
- with two cherries! -
and settled in to my prime location
for "Space Jam".
Very nice!
I had not seen this for years!
I even laughed out loud a few times!
Then I had a leisurely stroll back to the villa, in mid-70's night air.
Now, time for my Outshine popsicle!
Later!

No comments: