Tuesday, June 30, 2015

popcorn, pastry, pizza, AND a penny!


Today has been so full of wonderful moments!!!
I was up around 8 AM.
Yes, I realize that is not my usual time to waken. Rather, once upon a time, it was not my usual waking hour. However, since there is no oak tree to block the morning sun from my bedroom window, I have been rising earlier of late. Actually, ever since the "spring forward" time, I have been rousing about 7 AM, but I usually pop my synthroid and go back to sleep for an hour.
As the summer heat starts stirring mercury pretty hard by ten AM, I've been going ahead and getting up while the day is still cool. Today, I'd had breakfast and it wasn't even 9 AM.
But, wait! Today is Tuesday!!! That meant I could catch a cheap kid movie this morning!
Quickly, I studied my cinema schedules. Which ones to see today, tomorrow, and Thursday? Then what to do afterward? How to best use my time and my gasoline?
Done!
The pelicula de la dia would be "Book of Life"! It was at the Regal Cinema, out by the school.
Okay! What else to do out there?
Well, I could always go to my office, do a bit of catching up on my blogs...but I also needed to go downtown to pay my water bill, as that one slipped up on me while I was on vacation. (It's due TODAY.)
I took a quick shower, grabbed the satchel with my office stuff, grabbed the water bill, grabbed Ronnie's new Chick-Fil_A card, and out I flew!
I even made it there right as the movie was starting! Hooray!
Afterward, I used the coupon for the $2 popcorn special. There had been no time to stand in line for it earlier. Now, I would have fresh treats for later. Hooray!
After a quick phone call to Sue Crowe about Ronnie, I realized it would be tomorrow, at the earliest, before I would see him. Tomorrow will be July 1st. By that time, the June special, of free medium waffle fries and free large soda, would have expired. So, I treated myself to that special! Yum!
Now, to the school or to downtown?
My car was up for a drive, so off to Veterans Parkway and Broughton Street!
Amazingly, I found a parking spot only two blocks from the utility service center. Wow! What good fortune!
Within twenty-five minutes, the bill had been paid and I was back to the car.
Now what? I still had at least thirty minutes on the meter. Might as well make the most of it!
I was parked between the CVS and Panera. First, I went to CVS, managing to speak to a pharmacist about the bug-bite rash on my left arm, left foot, and left side. I took it as a good sign that he was not mortified by the appearance of the rash! He recommended Benadryl cream and that's what I bought, using the last of the free money on the gift cards from Crescent Resort.
Still had time on the meter!
I had not yet picked up my free birthday pastry from Panera, so I bopped over there. The asiago sourdough was only three dollars, so I bought a loaf. The birthday goodie I chose? A pecan roll! I love those things!
Back out to the car, I put my buys into the trunk and saw it. A shiny new penny was behind my car, at my feet.
Right place, right time!
I had just one more item on my agenda: the pizza special from Papa Murphy's. My boys of summer had scored the five runs on the Sunday afternoon game, but then the rains had come. That game had been completed tonight, so the Dollar Monday ticket had meant the large, five-topping pie was only $5. Not only for me, but also for my first niece, her husband, and their foster son! (Thanks for coming to the game with me two days in a row, y'all!)
Now, I'm home again with my treasures! Nearly free popcorn! Free pecan roll! Nearly free pizza! Free anti-itch cream! Free soda! Free penny of love!
The free fries?
Oh, they're already gone.
(smile)
I wonder what the evening will hold?
But for now, "Married With Children" is on to entertain me while I munch on sourdough bread.
Later!

No comments: