Wednesday, May 20, 2015

rain delays and baseball wins!


After a rain delay of 2 1/2 hours, the Savannah Sand Gnats came back to soundly defeat Augusta. I'm so glad I stayed - with about thirty others - for the completion of the game! I even made it home in time to see Bill Murray and Bob Dylan on the penultimate Letterman show!

The view
from my seat
of left field
and the Greenjackets
getting ready
for the game to resume
at 10:30 PM.
The scout from Peoria
is in the pink shirt.
The view
from my seat
of right field
and the Sand Gnats
warming up
to complete
the bottom of the 4th
at 10:30 PM.
The view from my seat, looking toward home plate.
Notice all of the new dirt that had to be laid out after the fierce parade of thunderstorms.
There had been a concern that the tarp might get caught by the wind, so they had anchored it down at each corner, using the groundskeeper vehicle, the chalk machine, and the Sand Gnat buggy.
I had never seen them anchor the tarp before.
Neither had Mister Willie or Jack.
They left during the break between storms.
I stayed.
As I told my first niece, "I have no clue why I am persisting in staying. But it is nice and cool."
(That's a plus, as my house continues to have no AC.)

I am so grateful
for these
Big Ass fans!
What a difference
they have made to
the comfort level
of attending the games!
As the Gnats
swarmed the field
for the top
of the fifth inning,
I cheered them on
from my cool seat!
"Get a hit, hit, hit!"
"Straighten it up!"
"Over the wall!"
"Bring him on home!"
"Grand slam!!!"
None of that last one occurred,
but the boys were victorious!
And they looked at me!
Nice!
And I was even home in time
for Bill Murray's bit
on the late night show
I usually abstain
from viewing.
Then I caught Bob Dylan,
there for the first time
in 22 years.
That's Eudor Garcia's age.
Nice coincidence!

No comments: