Friday, June 19, 2015

magic and muscle cars!


And Mexican food!
Don't forget about that!
Today, for the first time since Monday, I ventured off the resort and into the heat.
I had a $5 groupon for Rio burning a hole in my pocket and I do so love me some chips and salsa...
and churros, like these lovelies!
I ate them slowly, savoring the cinnamon and honey...

Second, I just want to comment on the decor - I loved it! So bright and cheerful, akin to the feel of Sweet Potatoes!
Third, I had lunch AND dinner from the Rio Combination.
Seriously.
These are the two tacos, one beef, one chicken.
I ate every bite of them, as well as most of the chips and salsa.

This is the rest of the combo, on a second platter.
These are the two enchiladas, the beef with red sauce, the chicken with green sauce.
I tasted them, as well as the rice and the beans.
Superb!
That made an excellent dinner tonight, with a bit of steamed broccoli on the side.
Very, very nice!
Even without the cheese sauce, y'all.
(smile)
What to do for an encore?
Well, I had a ticket for
a free coupon book at Old Town...
so that's where I headed.
I knew I was at the right place,
at the right time, too.
A shiny penny greeted me
as I stepped out of my car.
(smile)
The Rock Star roller coaster told me the same thing.
How did it know who I was?
Even Esmerelda knew I had come to celebrate the happy day,
hot as it was,
and life!
(smile)
Old Town was having a parade to celebrate, too!
Muscle cars, old and new,
were vrooming on in
to be admired and ooh'ed over.
So very cool!!!
I had seen a flock of Corvettes flying in formation on the road in Alabama,
but it's so nice to be able to snuggle up close to the beasts.
Hands in pockets, of course!
No touching allowed!
(smile)
Speaking of flying cars,
this one looked like it was
set to soar off
at any moment!
Such a nice
"faster than a speeding bullet"
color, too, n'est-ce pas?
This car would have been
the favorite of my stepdad,
that ramblin' wreck
from Georgia Tech.
(smile)
Perhaps this close-up helps you to understand?
Yes, I thought so!
What a beauty!
I wonder if she was special ordered this way or if the work was a renovation?
Wouldn't it be cool if the seats were factory installed in that wasp decor?
Yes, yes it would be!
This wasn't factory-issue, I know.
What a beautiful beast
on Shari's Mustang!
It is easily the cousin
of my Okinawan unicorn.
I'll have to tell you that story some time... but not right now.
Later. I promise.
(smile)
Right now, I have to tell you about the magic show!!!
You know I love magic, right?
I've told the bfe, but
he still has not graced me
with any of his magic tricks.
Dagnabbit.
(smile)
Maybe he thinks I'm too old.
Michael Mentz knows you're never too old for magic!
He was only too glad to regale me
(and the others at the 5 PM show)
with his feats of magic!
Rope tricks!
Card tricks!
Watch! Watch!
(That's an inside joke, y'all!)
But most amazing was the threading of the twelve silver needles using only his mouth... wow!
After the show, I perused the
new arrivals for the parade,
then headed back to the Mystic Dunes,
west toward blue sky.
Trust me, the other direction
held nothing but stormy weather!
None of that for me, thanks -
I'm on vacation!
(smile)

7 comments:

testo black x said...

I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post
was good. I don't know who you are but certainly you are going to be a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

LA Hallie said...

June 21 at 10:25am

We should have brought Jerry's mustang! We went to one in Orange Beach, AL and to see Jimmy Buffett back in April.

Fae, from back in the day! said...

June 20 at 6:42am

I had this car! Not this exact car, but I had one like it.

muscle gains said...

I love reading an article that can make men and women think.
Also, thank you for allowing me to comment!

pharma freak said...

Hi there, all is going nicely here and ofcourse every one is
sharing facts, that's really good, keep up writing.

faustina said...

I was at The Great Magic Hall for two days in June, even convincing my first niece and her family to join me for Nathan Coe Marsh's show.
Hooray!
https://hindsightvisionfromtheocean.blogspot.com/2021/06/fascination-4-fastina.html

I had shared with Nathan on my visit 3 days earlier about my post to Tripadvisor back in 2015.
He immediately recognized that I must be the one who first reviewed them! Oh, my, I felt like royalty after that!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34352-d8353009-r281617192-The_Great_Magic_Hall-Kissimmee_Florida.html

Jafo was pretty thrilled about me catching his show, too!
Both told me that the owner, Attillio, had been very pleased to hear that I was there, but I was not able to catch him in person.
Hopefully the next time I am in Kissimmee!

Attillio S said...

Attillio S, Owner at The Great Magic Hall, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2019

We were going back through some of the older reviews that we had yet to respond to and I wanted to say thanks a ton for giving us this awesome feedback. Mr. Mentz always gave a great show and I hope anyone who returns will be able to see an of our other performers as well.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think!

(on the tripadvisor website, in response to my review
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34352-d8353009-r281617192-The_Great_Magic_Hall-Kissimmee_Florida.html )