Monday, June 22, 2015

art deco suite at crescent


One more thing before I shut down
for the night!
I want to share photos of where
I am staying.
Crescent Resort on South Beach
is truly like stepping back in time, again to the 1930's and 1940's, again like my visit to the gardens in Vero Beach.
Maybe I actually am enjoying some of life as it was when Daddy was a boy...
I especially liked this gorgeous art above my bed!
Such beautiful colors!
The bedroom had french-style pocket doors, with frosted glass, to separate it from the front room.
There were other pocket doors between the bathroom, the bedroom, and the front room, but those had no glass.
As soon as I entered the suite, I was greeted by this mirrored armoire.
Nice, isn't it?
To its left is the dining table and to the left of that is the living room. I would love to have been able to include a view from those windows, but the salt spray had left them very cloudy.
Still, they do allow lots of light.
My favorite feature of this suite?
The kitchen!!!
The microwave serves triple duty,
acting as oven and convection oven
in addition to its regular function.
So very cool!
But my favorite feature of the kitchen
has to be the airline-overhead styling
of the upper cabinets!
Especially the cabinet over the sink -
it lifted upward,
on locking arms,
to allow access to the
dishware and glasses.
What a trip!!!
Just what you would
hope to find in an
Art Deco building!
The only downside I can foresee
is the noise level.
No, I don't mean the suite-to-suite noise found at other Diamond Resort properties.
This place seems to have good insulation in the walls and doors.
I speak here of the continuous noise
outside the building.
The sounds of Ocean Drive never stop.
It's almost like being in Las Vegas,
in that regard.
Ah, well, it's just for three nights...
and I have an early morning...
so, good night to all!

No comments: