Sunday, June 14, 2015

aloha, Bonnie!


Amazing!
Bonnie and I were able to have our lunch and a movie today after all!
I say "after all" because I had intended to depart for the Mystic Dunes earlier today.
I have a week booked down there, with that Silver Sampler package that I bought. (I know, Diamond Resorts owners are not supposed to be able to buy those samplers, but the sales people were so determined to sell me something, anything, that I relented. After all, I received 15,000 more points to use for the price of my usual annual maintenance fee. What a deal, right? More on that later.)
Bonnie had mentioned that we should get together on the Saturday after my return from North Carolina.
I had not realized that she meant for us to definitely do that, as she would be free of babysitting duties that day. The boys are with their druga babcia (as the ex would say it) for a few days.
Hooray!
So, after I mowed the back yard and read my email, I called her.
"I'm making a command decision. Let's do it!"
So we did!
Yeah!
We lunched at the cheeseburger place we both like so much. This time, though, no fried pickles or fried mushrooms. Nope! She had the cheeseburger, I had the hotdog, and we shared the two huge onion rings that were one of the toppings on my dog.
Gotta leave room for popcorn!
(smile!)
I had chosen the 2:15 screening of "Aloha" for us. Yes, I had seen it with Sam and Morgan in Hiram, but I wanted to see it again. Also, I knew Bonnie would like it.
And she did! The movie presents a different side of Hawaii than is usually seen. The perspective is that of a native, not that of a tourist. Fresh!
I also enjoyed the mythology of "The Arrival" and how it tied in with the plot. According to the Hawaiian legend, Lono returns for Pele (volcano goddess), his love, and all kinds of things change.
I like all the talk about the sky, too.
Very nice!
Now, I am arrived in Kissimmee, after driving nonstop. (That allowed me to only have to drive an hour in the dark.)
I'm taking a shower and hitting the bed, y'all.
G'night!

No comments: