Monday, May 11, 2015

color me an artiste!



This is the painting I was to learn how to create tonight. Kaylan set a great example for us, but I veered off on my own tangent...and was quickly followed by others.
Oh, yes! If we were going to learn to paint, we were going to put ourselves into the piece!
What great fun! So very relaxing, too!
Then, again, maybe being there with the physicist was part of that. Maybe the margarita he bought for me was part of it, too. Plus, we'd had that fine meal at Carlito's and a nice walk beforehand, that was definitely good.
Actually, just being with the bfe and feeling cherished was good for my psyche.
The painting project was a balm for my soul.
My many thanks to Savannah Social, and its ringleader, Kaisa, for proposing this outing! I had been a little leery of going, but I liked the artwork proposed for the event. I had suggested to the bfe that we attend and he was all in - good!
Plus, I wanted to meet some of the folks in the meetup group. I had already gone to an event to get to know some of them, but we simply didn't know each other yet at the Jepson's disco party. (I found out tonight that they had noticed me, though! LOL!)
So very glad I went!

Here's the bfe, midway through our painting adventure!

He stayed much truer to the original than I did, but that may have been due to his attraction to its name: "Melancholia".
Honestly, until he pointed it out, I didn't know the painting was titled!



Here we both are, with our finished pieces.
No, not identical to the original, but inspired by it.
Fabulous!

"Starry, Starry Tree,
With Full Moon"

or

"Confetti Tree
in Moonlight"



"Wednesday Afternoon
At The
Kentucky Derby"

4 comments:

Sandy K said...



Sandy
May 12 at 2:29pm

Oooh! Aahh!

Kaylan said...



Paint Nite Savannah
May 12 at 8:41am

Glad you enjoyed it, hope to see you again!

TUT said...

May 11, 2015 5 AM

Courageous is the soul, Faustina, who adventures into time and space to learn of their divinity. For while they cannot lose, they can think they have, and the loss will seem intolerable. And while they cannot fail, they can think they have, and the pain will seem unbearable. And while they cannot ever be less than they truly are - powerful, eternal, and loved - they can think they are, and all hope will seem lost.

And therein lies their test. A test of perceptions: of what to focus on, of what to believe in, in spite of appearances.

Tallyho,
The Universe

F-grrl said...

11/05/2015:

The following was sent by my bfe concerning his Jefftember celebration. What did he want to do?
Have a Paint Night Party!
he loves these events!!!
I am so glad to have introduced a new activity into his life!
Here's his party invite:

"Hey Everyone,
If you are getting this email it may be because you have some interest in one or more of the following. Do you:
a.) like drinking,
b.) like painting,
c.) like Doctor Who?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above, you may consider coming to Painting with a Twist on Jefftember 21 (sorry Faustina, I was a week off) and doing a wine and canvas of "Starry Starry TARDIS". A picture of your painting is included in the link below.
It's a private party and it costs $35/person. I will be happy to supply the booze. Now with that said, this is not a fancy occasion and so the booze will be wine with labels that have kangaroos or turtles and such.
Here is the direct link if you would like to sign up. They highly encourage everyone to sign up at least a week in advance.

http://paintingwithatwist.com/events/viewevent.aspx?eventID=567349

Cheers,
Jeff"