Thursday, April 9, 2015

hot pink and the Bird Girl


It's a Pop Art Pop-up Party at the Jepson!!!
I was there, too! You betcha!
Art lecture! Reception! Dancing!
Free for me! (Membership has its perks!)
(smile!)
Free for all, this time. What a rarity!
I had hoped to meet up with a new group, Savannah Social, at their "Studio 54 disco party!" event. Sadly, I never did run into them as a group, but I recall seeing several of them, individually, as the night wore on and the crowd thinned.
They arrived late.
I was there early, to take in some of the new exhibits before the 6:00 PM lecture. I was only able to do one, though, in the hour's time available. What a great one "The Visual Blues" was! Featuring works by painters and print artists fo the Harlem Renaissance era, the exhibit was also aural candy, regaling me with the blues and bebop and swing of that period. I will have to plan to return before it leaves early next month!

I spent a little time with the Bird Girl, too.
She had moved to the second floor since I last saw her.
I tried to tell her the elephant joke, but she didn't get it.
"What are jellybeans?"
Really? That's the part that stumped her?
That's like my British student not knowing about root beer floats.
CrAZy!
Speaking of food,
Leoci's Trattoria handled it and did a superb job of it, too!
Remember them from the Ocean Film Festival wrap party?
I'll be going to Leoci's with the Lunch Ladies next month!
Hooray!
I definitely will have to return to the Jepson soon! I still have not had the time to peruse the "In Living Color" exhibit, as this dolly reminds me.
That's the one exploring the Andy Warhol works and their effects on modern printmaking.
Next week, when the weather is gray and rainy, will be the perfect time for that splash of color!
Have I not mentioned the new sculpture yet?
Tsk, tsk!
"Hot Pink" was crafted by Anne Ferrer and traveled with her, in her suitcase, from Paris, France. It took all week for it to be hung and inflated in the atrium.
Isn't it gorgeous?
It's like some exotic, carnivorous flower, floating on high!

No comments: