Thursday, May 28, 2015

birthday eve!


Today was
no ordinary day!
It began at Sushi Hana,
in Pooler, with the Lunch Ladies: Jackie, Marcia, Betsy, and Gail.
I ordered the sashimi lunchbox combo
- isn't it lovely?
Let me say this, too:
this was the
BEST SASHIMI EVER.
Period.
The physicist most def has to come here!
After a most satisfying lunch, I bopped over to the Pooler Goodwill.
Just to look, you understand.
What did I find?
Glass slippers...
in my size...
oh, most wondrous!
I almost bought them, too, but one heel was missing its plastic foot.
Maybe I still will.
But not today.
Today, there were pizzas
- plural -
to buy.
I had been treated to a rousing game last night, with my boys emerging victorious, 7 to 2.
I had even found another ticket so my first niece's family could have a pizza, too!
"Green or black?", I had asked, after her request
for olives.
"Surprise me", she replied.
Most excellent!
She was following my lead!
Soon, it was time to meet Barbara and Sandy at Muse.
The matinee film promised old rock and roll music of Cambodia, drawing us in.
The first hour,
it was true to its word,
then it lapsed into
politics and war.
Aaaaccckkkk! as Bill the Cat
would say.
One bright point:
I had good raffle tickets!
Not only did I win this behind-the-scenes video
of one of my all-time
favorite albums
,
I also had three other
winning tickets!
The goodies for those went to others in the audience.




Still, palate-cleansing, and dinner, was needed ASAP.
Off we scooted to a DIY "Greek" feast at the Crystal Beer Parlor, topping that off by sharing their Banana Eggroll.
Perfect!

No comments: