Monday, January 19, 2015

of cats and tuna and chats


Tonight, I had the bfe all to myself for six hours.
That's right: six whole hours of chatting to him and giving pets to his two old ladies and dining on fabulous ahi tuna!
All because of a change in the status quo.
Change is good.

Let's go ahead and talk about the meal first, shall we?
Here are the two ahi tuna filets I supplied.
I had purchased them earlier in the month, after my brother had told me they were on sale.
Only $5 each at Fresh Market!
I bought four of them.
Here is half of one of the filets, after the bfe worked his culinary magic on it.
Delectable!!!
Of course I had seconds!
He did, too.
He confessed that he was quite impressed with the quality of the meat! He had feared that it might not be as lean as it should.
No worries about that now!

And I still have two filets in my freezer for a future dinner!

Before the meal and during the meal, we sipped wine and talked.
One of the topics concerned his paintings.
He paints???
I told him I did not recall his sharing that with me ever before!
This is his latest one. I think of it as "Two partridges in a pine tree". (He has not yet named it.)
After the meal, we sipped more wine and talked.
Talking is one of the things I most enjoy about our get-togethers.

Then we watched an episode of "The Carol Burnett Show".
Yes, we most certainly did!
I own several of the shows on DVD and we've been making our way through them.
Tonight, we viewed the one with Shirley Maclaine as the guest.
Very funny, too!
I had proposed that we watch the episode with Sammy Davis, Jr., as this was the day of celebration of the life of another Jr.
He was determined to hear the lovely Shirley sing and to see her dance.
So, that is what we did!
Then we happened to look at a clock to check the time.
ELEVEN O'CLOCK?!?
We'd been at it for six hours?!?!
Nice!
But an early morning lecture beckoned for him, so time to me to take my leave and bid him sweet dreams.
Later!

No comments: