Saturday, January 3, 2015

Caitlyn is 8!


Okay, so, technically, that isn't true.
Caitlyn's birthday was on December 30th, a Tuesday.
Today, a Saturday, had been selected to celebrate my first great-niece's special day, and that's what we did!

The chosen theme was
- of course! -
the movie "Frozen",
the favorite of little girls everywhere.
Thanks to pinterest.com,
her mom had all sorts of names for the goodies displayed on the table.

Olaf's noses?
Baby carrots!
Sven's antlers?
Mini pretzels, of course!
Elsa's snow crystals?
Popcorn, no two pieces alike!
(smile!)

The little guests were all Caitlyn's friends from school and church.
The little girls all seemed to be having fun, especially with the "Build a Snowman" kits that her mom (my niece Christy) had made using marshmallows, andy corn, and pretzel rods.
Cute!
I wanted one!
(smile!)

That's okay, I settled for a piece of cake.
That snowman was quite tasty, too!
LOL!
Here, the birthday girl is flanked by
her Meemaw (my sister-in-law)
on the left, cutting the cake,
and by her mom on the right.

And after the cake?
Time to open gifts!!!
Here, Caitlyn listens intently as her mom reads the inscription on the book, while her Grammy (from NC) peers over Christy's shoulder.
Here's the book, written by me in 2013.
(The book shown here is mine. It's my original copy.)
Hers is inscribed: Dearest Caitlyn, Happy 8th birthday! This book was inspired by the pumpkin-carving parties I attended with you. I hope to go to more with you in the future! with love, G'Aunt Tina
Her book also has a pale purple jacket, instead of the basic black of mine.

(My thanks to snapfish.com, for making me an offer I could not refuse for printing more copies of my book.)

No comments: