Sunday, January 11, 2015

beautiful day in Bluffton


Finally! Some time to share with my stepmom, Bonnie!
She and I haven't had much together time these past few months. It was already difficult for her to find time when she wasn't tending to my nephews or at work. Then, her stepdad had surgery and subsequent illmess, necessitating her helping her aged mother tend to him.
I suggested several times that I could come over there and we could have dinner some time, but her schedule was simply too stressful.
Then, over the school holiday, I had company or was bopping between Winter in Clearwater and Random Acts of Insanity in Ormond Beach. She had a trip, too, to Alabama to visit her granddaughter.
Now, at last, we had carved out this time for just us!!!
Bring on the fried pickles, y'all!
That's right, we were at our favorite location in Bluffton, Cheeburger Cheeburger. Great oldies music, uplifting pink walls and blue neon, and customizable food! Today, we opted for the Burger of the Day - great choice! We also tried the fried artichokes and fried portobello mushrooms. That is, in addition to the fried pickles.
Yum!
But the nicest part was just talking with each other. Sharing our travel news and home news and work news. Giving each other love and encouragement and bright smiles.
Yep, that was definitely the best part!
And of course we went to a movie, too! Before dining, we had checked out the schedules - two hours before anything of interest. Good! That would give us some time to catch up and dine leisurely.
Then, it was 2 PM. Time for a decision! Justthatfast, we found ourselves going to "Taken 3", to watch Liam Neeson kick butt. And he definitely did!
Had we seen the two previous movies?
Well, no. And you know what? This movie stood its own ground just fine, thank you. Most enjoyable action flick!
Before we parted, I gave her the Create Your Own Monster cards for the boys, as well as Merritt's birthday gift. What did he get? Well, my book, "Got Pumpkin?", of course!
Yes, it's the same gift presented to my great-niece, but with a very important difference. His cover is black, like mine, not purple, like hers.
Bonnie was so tickled that I had written a book! I read the first page aloud, to her great enjoyment. She is so proud of me!!! She thinks I should print several copies and sell them.
(smile)
I left on cloud nine, paying scant attention to the dripping gray skies.
Thank you, Bonnie!

No comments: