Friday, January 30, 2015

from dating tips to drill bits


The Lunch Ladies are a diverse group! I may have mentioned that a time or two before, but it's absolutely true.
Take today, for example.
There were eleven of us dining at B. Tillman's today. When I arrived, I started off the second half of the table, then was joined in fairly short order by Amber, Yvette, Megan, and Elizabeth.
Due to the configuration, I spent much of the time talking with Amber (who I had met earlier) and Yvette. How very fortunate for me!
Both women seem to be around my age and they were both talking about their recent experiences with two popular dating websites, including this one that the peace Guy uses. I had tried one of them and found it was all about booty calls. They concurred.
I also talked about my experience with eHarmony and my two-year relationship with the man from Charleston.
I had talked about my lack of experience with dating, about always wanting to "go Dutch" with the men I saw, about my seeming to scare men off with my independence.
Amber and Yvette told me I need to let the man pay. I need to allow the man to feel needed. I need to show I am softer.
I think they may be right.
I have been on my own for so very many years and old habits - from my youth as a sailor - die hard.
These women in my life are a very good thing.
Change is definitely in the air this year and they are helping me welcome it with open arms.

This group, in particular, is ever-fresh.
We meet on different weekdays, at different restaurants, with different women in attendance. The only constants are the time (11:30 AM) and the presence of either Megan or Debbie or both, to maintain the group identity.
Change is part of the group's nature.
I am definitely in the right place, at the right time, with the right people.

Today we dined at B. Tillman, a restaurant which is close to my neighborhood, but one I had not yet visited. After this visit, I intend to remedy that!
For instance,
consider their presentation
of a simple morning beverage:
coffee.
Is this not designed
to make the diner feel special?
There is even
a little sweet treat
on the tray!


Then, my lunch arrived.
The Salad Nicoise was a beautifully arranged work of art.
Rather than having all ingredients mixed together, they were side by side, providing you the option of enjoying each singly, or of making a variety of taste combinations.
Definitely fun as well as delicious!


Barbara,
Debbie,
and
Marjorie

Debbie,
Marjorie,
Betsy,
Agnes,
and
Nancy

Yvette
and
Amber

Megan
and
Elizabeth

No comments: