Monday, December 14, 2015

i got a koozie!


Today was the day for the College of Science and Technology Christmas Luncheon, Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest, and Pirate Gift Swap, all rolled up in a single event!
This year, there was even WINE on the buffet!
And BEER, too!
And several of the gifts brought for swapping were alcohol-based, as well! (There were two bottles of wine and a pint of Jagermeister, all of which were "stolen" up to the maximum number of times before going home with winners.)
Crazy.
I arrived late, but still in time for the gift swapping.
That's the best part, anyway!
I had meant to bring a gift to exchange, but I had decided not to at the last minute. After all, I was almost an hour late by the time I arrived!
So, I was able to enjoy the fun without being part of the frenzy.
(smile)
I did add some good words about the muscadine Butterducks wine to John Kraft. (It was being dissed for being "local". He ended up 'stealing' it back after it had traveled off twice.)
I was noticeably taken aback when the hard liquor appeared on the scene... and when it was stolen twice, too.
I laughed with all when Delana Nivens got the talking skunk hat! Then laughed more as it was stolen by two in the biology department!
And I loved it when Hong Zhang selected the rubber chicken when his turn came to grab a gift! Why?
The man smiled! Truly smiled!
And he repeatedly gave that goofy five-year-old-boy-with-treasure smile every time he was asked to proffer the chicken - and squeeze it! - as others considered stealing it.
I was so glad he never had to relinquish that bird!

The highlight for me was when Suzy Carpenter paused to speak with me on the way back to her seat. I had thanked her for recommending me to Savannah Technical College and told her I had the job! She had said "Good for them! You're one of the best teachers we have and it's our loss that you will be going there. Sometimes, we don't do a good job of recognizing talented people in this department."
With tears in my eyes, I had nodded.
She knew.
How very good to be appreciated!
Thanks, Suzy!

1 comment:

Butterducks Winery said...

Just a heads up on recent news about the local winery!

Posted November 23, 2015 on FB:

Winemaker , Bill Utter takes 10 medals in Georgia trustees wine challenge!
3 gold (merlot,Riesling & Duck Call Blush)!!!
2 silver (Viognier & Vidal Blanc)!!
5 bronze (Cabernet Sauvignon ,sweet scuppernong, sweet blueberry, decadent duck call, Chardonnay )!!!!!