Saturday, December 5, 2015

polar bear messenger!


The polar bears have been everywhere lately!
The running psychologist sent these dancing ones my way, via the "book of face".
I had sent encouragement (Happy feet wishes!) to those who would be participating in the Rock-N-Roll Marathon, including him, and I was given dancing bears in return.
Mighty fine trade!

Then my youngest brother sent me a beautiful card and I sent him a bear!
Dearest Tony,

Thanks for the wonderful card! Honestly, you say you don't get to pick the cards... but they're always just what I need! Surely God is guiding the hand that selects your cards to me - hallelujah!

Yesterday was so much fun! Early in the afternoon, a 15-foot swamp white oak was planted in the front grounds at Armstrong. Very nice! Every year since she's been President, Linda Bleicken, and her husband Carl, donate a tree to be added to the world collection at the school.
I've attended all of these plantings! She and he throw on the last shovelfuls of dirt to make it official, then we all gather for treats and cookies. We also have two Marines there every year for the collection of our Toys For Tots drive. One of the young men had just returned from Okinawa earlier this year!

Later that afternoon, I attended an art show and reception at the Fine Arts Gallery on campus. The event showcased five groups of high school girls who had integrated technology (in the form of flashing lights and LEDs sewn in) and reuse of salvaged clothing (from Goodwill). Quite interesting and so very different! My fav was a fairy warrior dress, complete with wings that had lovely, lit designs!

Gotta go! I'm ushering "The Nutcracker" at the Lucas and must fly!

with my love!


Here's hoping more bears will dance into my life and make me - and others - smile!

No comments: