Saturday, December 19, 2015

christmas with the bfe! party at connie's! the black nativity! ugly sweaters at club one!


Such a event-full day
I have had!
The bfe and I had our Christmas dinner at Carlito's, as that seems to be "our" spot.
(smile)
His treat, too!
And there were presents!!!
His theme was:
"F-Grrl's gotta
have coffee
...cups!"


He even gave me an Elvisware set, with a cup and a saucer! There was even a Christmas ornament!
I gave the J-Dawgg an Arbor Day Foundation tree...which he envisions being planted in a favorite National Park in Virginia.
(smile!)

I was home briefly before heading out again!
This time, it was a Christmas cheer gathering at Connie's on Isle of Hope! Kevin made it before me and was so glad to see me there - everyone else was so much older than him! Honestly, I think he forgets the two-decades I have on him.
(smile)
I had some lively conversations with an older neighbor and his wife, who had spent some time in Panama in the mid-1960's. Then there were other get-to-know-ya talkings with others there while having some munchies. Very nice little party!

My next stop: the 7 PM performance of the Performing Arts Collective's 6th annual production of Langston Hughes's musical, "Black Nativity"! I think I last saw it at Muse Arts, in 2011, with just Abeni Dance in it. This time, the stage at Savannah Arts Academy was full of dancers!
The performance of "Mary Did You Know?", in which several of the cast took turns singing the query, was especially poignant.
Great job, by all!
Ugly Christmas Sweater Party! Of course, that means I got more mileage from my ugly sweater, as well as half-price admission to watch the girls sing and dance at Club One. Ooh la la, y'all!

No comments: