Saturday, December 26, 2015

7 pm on the 7th!


Christmas Day was a bit of a mixed bag.

For breakfast, I made a sandwich with the rest of the gyro from Tuesday. Dessert was the rest of the pecan brittle from Sunday. The meal was served on the Elvisware from the bfe.
Most excellent!

Amazingly, I had two presents to open!
My cousin Penny gave me a sun-moon light catcher, with a glass ball painted to glow in the dark.
Ooooohhh!!! Major coolness!!!
My outlaw Kathy gave me an Estee Lauder eye makeup kit, with more colors than I know how to use.
Oh, my!!! It's been years since I used eyeshadow!
The Melaness said she would send a package after the new year, as she has recently had reconstructive surgery and isn't quite back up to snuff.
I told her, "no worries, dearest. You know you don't need to send me anything - except love!"
My brother Smitty called to see if I'd heard from Ronnie, as he had a plate of food for him.
I replied that I had not, but I had heard from Ronnie's girlfriend on Wednesday, when he and she were together.
(Hooray for fb messaging!)


Then, I did something completely different - I joined Live Out Loud! for Christmas dinner at Sushi Hana! I had so enjoyed it back in May, but haven't had an excuse to go again...until now!
Very nice!
There were eight of us for dinner: Robb, Bryan, Ben, and Mike, all of whom I already knew from either LOL! or Movies in Pooler. Then three new folks: May (Mike's girlfriend); Jo; and Michele, a tour driver with Old Town Trolleys. Quite a lively group!
I splurged and had an apple-infused chilled sake - very lovely in every way and served in a martini glass! Then I splurged again for the Sushi Trio dinner! Wow! Miso soup and a ginger salad, to start, followed by three pieces each of tuna, salmon, and yellowfin, with a spicy tuna roll to finish it up. Definitely sated my appetite for seafood!
After our 2 1/2 hour visit, we headed in separate directions. Some went with Ben in search of the geocache in Triplett Park. Others headed off for diversions elsewhere... like back to Savannah, where I had a movie date with Barbara and Sandy!

The movie, "Joy", was not at all what I had expected from the previews.
I had looked forward to the new Jennifer Lawrence-Bradley Cooper offering for so long...I ended up quite aggravated at having been misled by the advertisements.
Instead of being another one in the same vein as "Silver Linings Playbook" or "American Hustle", it was just a biopic. About someone famous in the Home Shopping Network world, which I never intend to visit.
That was definitely a bummer.
Yes, it was nice to share the time with the girls.
Yes, it was nice of the clerk to load us down with "Kung Fu Panda 3" fortune cookies.
(Hey, what's not to like about a fortune cookie or two or three? Even when the fortune seems zanier than usual?)
I just didn't appreciate being duped into watching a movie about a woman who invented a better mousetrap - I mean, mop.

So, after our usual hour-long gabfest in the parking lot, I headed home to wash the taste out of my mouth and try to reclaim some Christmas spirit.
That's when I saw it.
"Bruce Almighty".
I had pulled it out a few days ago and left it on the coffee table.
Sure, let's pop that into the computer!
Great idea!!!
A healthy dram of Morgan Freeman, with a main course of Jim Carrey, was exactly the meal I needed!
Guess what?
There was even mopping in it.
Remember the scene when the sadsack first meets God?
Then, later, the two mop the floor together.
At 7 pm on the 7th, as promised at the first meeting.
Very nice.

i thank You, God, for small favors.
Or are they small miracles?

BE THE MIRACLE.

I'll try to give blood later today.
G'night to all!

No comments: