Thursday, September 17, 2015

surprise! dinner with my cousin!


Oh, I do wish I had thought to take a photograph!
My cousin Sharon was in town for a conference and had contacted me last night. "Was I available for dinner on Thursday?" A hole had opened in her schedule.
Of course I was available!
I was even more so after I was dismissed from the job today. Good thing I had Sharon here to soften the blow! (My many thanks to God and the universe for setting up these coincidences!)
I suggested Tondee's Tavern. I had never eaten there, but Drinking Liberally Savannah has highly recommended it for its diverse menu and good service. Plus, the place was right there on Bay Street and close to where my cousin was staying. Perfect!
As it turns out, it was perfect!
The waitress entertained Sharon while I was searching for parking - nice!
Then, several of my friends from DL were there at the door when I arrived, so Sharon was impressed that I knew folks there - nice, too!
And the food was very good! I had the low country boil and she had one of the sandwiches and we both had great conversation and incredible company!
What a treat!
i thank You, God!

No comments: