Sunday, February 22, 2015

washing clothes on a lunar cycle


Today was laundry day!
That only comes around once a month, or thereabouts, for me.
No, I do not own a washer and dryer.
Never have. Even growing up, we didn't have one in the house, so Mama and I would do them at the laundry down the street. When I got old enough, she would just drop me off there while she went to do the grocery shopping. Sometimes one of my brothers would be with me, but not usually.
Now, I do my clothes at the same place that I've been using since 1996.
At the time, I started using it for convenience. It was right around the corner from Smitty's Hardwood Floors, where I was working, and right down the street from my house.
Wash Plus is the place!
I enjoy Nami's company and she enjoys mine. We have shared many tales about husbands and brothers and dogs.
I've even set up a page on facebook for her business!

The photograph is my haul from this latest cleaning foray.
I'll wait while you count.
Okay, are you ready?
You should have seen twenty-four panties and ten pairs of socks.
I'm wearing the 25th pair of panties and there are two more in the drawer.
The sock drawer still has at least that many other matched sets of footwear still unworn and waiting their turn.
Yes, I said I have a sock drawer and an underwear drawer.
That's what you need when you only have to wash clothes every three to four weeks.
Technically, I could sync up with the moon and wash when it's on a particular phase. You know, have my full moon madness serve as my cue to wash clothes.
(smile)
As if opening the underwear drawer to the last clean panties wouldn't serve that purpose.
(smile)
I just may see about syncing up my cycle with the moon.
That sounds like fun!
Nami will get a kick out of it, too.
It could become an inside joke for us!
I do like that idea! Now, which phase of the moon should I use?
(smile)

1 comment:

faustina said...

I'm still following this practice!
I'm not sure how long I'll stay at what once was Nami's place, though.
Its new owners are not as good as she was about keeping the machines in working order.
Every time I go of late, yet another washer or dryer has a sign that it's not working.
Still, I'll go there while it's still open.
In fact, I'm going today!
Full moon was last night!
(smile!)