Tuesday, February 3, 2015

love songs for bernadette


February has had a rough start.
Last night, I attended Philo Cafe, mostly in hopes that Panda Ann's son would be there. He was. In fact, he will be hosting her topic next Monday. And he came by Chili's afterward to socialize and raise a glass in memory of his mom. I went there, too, with Cedric, Connie, Gwen, and a young woman named Ellen, who I had met at Marlin's bedside not quite a week ago.
Today, I took the day off from mourning dead friends.
Off to the oceanography lecture and then to lunch with those who don't know me. SO, no conversations on topics of death and loss.
Good!
Off to a silly movie, surrounded by those who don't know me. Again, no conversations about death and loss.
Very good!
And I was home before 7 PM!
You know what that means, right?
Two episodes of "The Big Bang Theory", back to back!
They were even two of my favorites, concerning the love of the engineer, Howard Wolowitz, for the part-time Cheesecake Factory waitress and microbiology graduate student, Bernadette Rostenkowski.
In the first of the two aired tonight, it is early in their dating and Howard has, of course, royally messed things up. So, as only he can, he sets about making things right through song, bringing his keyboard to the restaurant and serenading her. Successfully, too!
It's such a sweet episode!
Then, to my surprise and delight, this one from Season 7 came on!
Howard and "Bernie" are supposed to be one a special date, but she ends up in quarantine after a problem in the microbiology lab with some errant samples. So, true to form, the man brings the special date to her... with a little help from their friends.

There she is, behind the glass of the quarantine chamber, clad in a dark blue scrub outfit.

There he is, portable keyboard at his fingertips.

Totally sweet!

And me?

Right place...

right time...

i thank You, God.

No comments: