Saturday, February 14, 2015

minion birthday party!


Bananas!!!
But of course - what else would you need?
Besides Minions cupcakes, naturally...
And Minions Cheese Nips...
and Minions Grahams...
My first niece, Christina, her little sister (Chelsea), and her mom (Melinda) were up until 4 AM this morning creating this fabulously fun party.
Then they woke up at 8 AM to start their day...
W o w.
Why did they put in so many hours on this party?
Well, see the boy in the dark blue, on the left?
It was in honor of his eleventh birthday.
It was also in honor of another boy's first birthday.
Both of these boys are foster sons of my niece and her husband.
Very lucky boys they are!
In addition to the Minions bowling game, there were other fun activities for the birthday boys and their guests.
Pop The Yellow Balloon allowed them to win prizes!
Pull the right ribbon on Minions piñata and release candy and toys!
Pin the Eyes on Jerry the Minion and make him say "Whaaaattt?"!
Well, not really.
Just in my imagination!
(smile)
What did I get for the boys?
Well, for the older boy, this cool coin bank!
And a bagful of pennies to start him off!
Yes, I am excited about that exercise for him in creativity.
The car bank was bought from Mack's 5 & 10, a favorite store of my childhood. That gift gave him a piece of my history.
For the little one, I gave him an autographed book by a local author, purchased at one of my favorite places, the Jepson Center.
As far as I am concerned, these boys are already my great-nephews. Whether they get to stay that way is up to others.
Here are two of the other great things about this party!
My niece Chelsea is holding Leila, my newest great-niece!
My nephew Michael is holding Alyssa, my next-newest great-niece!
The two little ones are fraternal twins, with Alyssa beating her sister into this bright world by just a few minutes.
Michael and Melanie, the twins' frazzled parents, take advantage of other arms at every opportunity.
Not that I'm holding the babies just yet... but that day is coming!
(smile!)


Such a lovely start to my Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

London fans said...

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
Your website provided us with valuable info to work on. You have performed an impressive
job and our whole group will be thankful to you.

faustina said...

The littler boy, Lee, is no longer with my first niece and her husband. He has gone to live with his birth mom and grandmother.
I am so glad we were able to share this time with him!
Who knows?
Maybe our paths will again cross, one fine day!