Sunday, December 13, 2015

i want a pony!


Honestly, that's what i told Santa when he asked what i wanted for Christmas.
He and Mrs. Claus said, simultaneously and incredulously, "A pony?"
And i had added, "Yes, a Mustang pony!"
I had no idea my brain was going to say that.
But, with recent car woes, i guess my mind was working on solving that problem for me!

Where was I?
At the second of two back-to-back Christmas parties, my dear!
The first was over in Beaufort, the annual MENSA Christmas party hosted by Ann and Paul. They have a lovely, sprawling old home near Pigeon Point Park. It's always a catered affair, with quite tasty food!
The Monday night trio was there, of course! (Kevin now has an equation to determine if a movie is good for a date night... or so he claims!) Susan and Ron were there, as was Mark, all of whom are South Carolinians! Rick and Celeni and Kathy, formerly of the now-defunct Tuesday trivia, were also present! There were others, too, that I don't really know, but we had a nice afternoon of mingling and munching!
[Sidebar: We may also have decided upon a new place for the monthly meetings, thanks to me! The local chapter has been floundering of late, since the closing of Pad Thai.
Celeni had tasked me and Barbara with finding a new home for the group's dinners, then she set about pooh-poohing such entries as Chili's and Applebee's. Asian River, the stop-gap measure currently in place, has met with low attendance and no favor, but it seemed that Asian food was still the desired option.
Then, all of a sudden, I had it: The Noodle Bowl! And they can definitely accommodate groups! After all, I was there for two of the peace Guy's birthday parties. Celeni is happy again!
]
I don't make it to this party every year, but I was sure to be there this time! Barbara and Cedric had both given me ample notice of its schedule, so I had made sure to have the time open.

Then I found out when the Christmas Party was for my church.
Sunday, December 13th.
6 PM.
Well... that's doable!
Tight, but definitely doable!
And I did it, too!
What did I wear?
Well, as the high today was a quite lovely 78 Fahrenheit, I wore the raspberry shift with the rainbow-hued trim! That had belonged to Mother Pat, from her winters in Kauai. My mother's fancy Christmas tree pin adorned the upper left, near my heart.
(smile)
And such lovely comments I have received for my bright attire!
Now, to wait for Christmas Day...
and a pony under my tree!

No comments: