Wednesday, December 16, 2015

hello KISS kitty!


At last!
I have held onto these four KISS kitty tins ever since I saw them two months ago!
I had $10 to 'spend' at Toys-R-Us, in return for using their card to feed my movie habit. I spotted some excellent Halloween cards, then...there they were. 'Hello Kitty's wearing masks!
KISS masks!!
How perfect for my ex!

Did they have the masks of all four of the band members?
There was Gene the Demon... several of them.
And there was Paul the Starchild! Only two of them!
What about Ace the Spaceman? Got him!
And Peter the Cat?
What about that?
One!
Only one!


That's okay, one was all I needed to complete the set!
And they were on sale, too!
So, I bought the foursome for the ex, as well as two more Demons for the bfe and Jim, the PFS guy.
Those latter two were delivered by the middle of last month.


The full band, though,
had to await proximity
to December 20th.
Today was close enough!
Into the mail they went,
to pounce down
in Saginaw by Friday!
This card was deemed
the perfect companion
for the cats!
I had written inside:
"Hope your new year
rains (birthday)
cats and dogs
for you!"
Hahaha ha ha!

Even the Christmas card
continued the running gag
I had created!
Timing, folks,
it's all about the timing!
That birthday dog
and this Christmas card
just happened to be
in my stash of stuff
when my brain started
pulling things together
this morning.

But what coincidence brought this back to mind?
Clearly, I had ripped this "Mother Goose & Grimm" panel about "Hello Kitty" from the funny pages back in May.
Seven months ago.
How did it happen to come into my hand for inclusion in the package?
Serendipity? Good fortune? Timing?
Coincidence?
As long as it brings good cheer to his 51st!

i thank You, God!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Jeff had called when he got his package!
"Very cute! It's a funny thing. I had been shopping with the youngest and I saw Hello Kitty Hello Kiss and I shot a picture and sent it to Bob, saying 'this is why Gene is ruining the band'. So seeing that was - (laughs) - very funny!"
Monday, December 21st, 2015