Sunday, August 16, 2015

home runs! home runs! three days straight!


What a weekend it has been for my boys of summer! They now have thirteen games in their winning streak!
I am so thrilled to have been able to go to these games this weekend!
I am so thrilled to have my car back!
I am so thrilled the weather has mostly cooperated!
Let's start with Friday, shall we?
Oh, yes! Let's!
(smile!)
I made sure to have my photo taken this time!
It was a rare give-a-way night, so I was there extra early to get the replica of the current Grayson Stadium.
Nice, isn't it?
Mister Willie Smith, Jr., was there, too.
Hooray!
His health has been a bit dodgy this summer, with two hospital stays for his heart.
I was so glad to see him, I gave him a big hug!
The boys of summer
were glad
we were both there!
Here is my favorite
right fielder,
#31 Wuilmer Becerra,
trotting over the plate!
He just hit a home run,
bringing in
#13 Luis Guillorme.
The very next man
in the batting order was
#28 Eudor Garcia.
Home run!!!
My favorite
third baseman
floated across the plate,
adding another run
in the first inning!
What an exciting start!
And the game ended
as a pizza game!
Hooray!
Come Saturday,
Willie and I
were back
and in our seats!
(Inside joke, y'all!)
The game was a bit of a back and forth tussle until my favorite
center fielder,
Patrick Biondi,
had his at-bat after the seventh-inning stretch.
(The stretch was for us fans, not for him.)
(smile)
His home run
brought in first baseman Michael Katz and shortshop J.C. Rodriguez to cinch the win.
More pizza for us and their 12th win!
(I celebrated by joining Barbara for "Ricki and the Flash"! Both of us were dancing in our seats and singing along with the music in this private screening just for us! Thanks, Regal Cinema!)
Yesterday, for the first time ever, I saw a pitcher hit a man on second base.
John Mora may have a cracked rib from that.
This Sunday game saw
no such harm.
Tyler Moore,
a man of many hats,
hit a home run
in the third,
making him the last man to score today.


No pizza for this ticket, but the boys now have 13 wins!!!

No comments: