Friday, August 28, 2015

dancing the night away!



Oh what a night!
We ladies of the 40+WSN had united for one of our own!
A dance benefit had been selected as the option, with all of us to meet over at Doubles Nightclub for an evening of music, dancing, and raffles - most def count me in!
Above, I'm with Kim - our creative group organizer - and Mindy, showing off our smiles!
I had not been to Doubles in years! Once upon a time, my BFF and I were regulars there, but that was during our college years, back in the mid-1980's. The place has changed a bit, having two "cages" and a stripper pole, but the disco ball still reigns there, along with a fabulous light show.
So much music!
So many dances!
Mostly, I danced with one or more of the women in our meetup, including my karaoke friend Sandy.
But, as the night progressed, a lone pony-tailed man, clad all in black and with a distinct sense of rhythm, caught my eye. The song was "Dancing Queen" and I went out and tentatively joined him, matching his every twirl and backstep and all. Very nice!!!
That was the first of several outings on the floor with Tim the Dancer.
I dipped and swayed and twirled until I could feel my tired legs giving out... but I simply could not resist! It has been so very long since I danced with a man who knew how to move!
What a treat!
And you know what?
I think we managed to raise a little money for Julie, too.
Such a good night!!
Sweet dreams, y'all...

No comments: