Thursday, February 12, 2015

gettin' crafty with 40+


Lookee what I made!
Yep, that's all my doing!
Well, except for the hostess showing me how to get started with that first spritz of silver paint...
Turned out pretty well, don't ya agree?
What is it???
It's a mercury vapor milk jug vase, of course!
(SMILE!)
Kim and Brenda really liked it, too!
Kim is the hostess of the 40+ Women's Social Network and the Craft Night was held at her house. She had a room open to the night air, so we didn't get asphyxiated while making our creations. Besides the silver spray paint, she also supplied several glass containers, of various shape and size, for our selections.
Brenda came in to keep me company. I can tell that she and Kim have formed a good friendship already. That's good! I like knowing this group, composed mostly of folks transplanted here fairly recently, are definitely interested in making new friends.
After I finished my vase and was caught up, we all rejoined the others (Cindy, Jan O, Kelly, Jennifer, and Sheila). Then it was game time! We opted to play a new game on Kim's iPad, "Heads Up!".
Here's the basics. You select a category, then face the screen toward the other players. They then give you clues so you can guess the item (celebrity, phrase, word, movie, etc.) on the screen. Basically, a grown-up version of flashcards. The goal is to guess as many of the items as possible in the time frame of about 3 minutes. The really cool part? The iPad is videotaping the clue-givers! After you have timed out, you can all watch the film of the clue presentation!
Such fun! Especially the dirty categories!
;-)

This was my second Craft Night with the group.
My first was on the last day of November, at Julie's house, here in midtown.
We made candles that time.
Rather, she made the candles and we learned how by watching.
She did let us choose the colors and fragrances for the two batches she was making, so we did participate that way.
She had already found out how messy the process was and how time-consuming, too.
Julie had taken it upon herself to make a wide variety of candles of different sizes, shapes, colors, and fragrances.
After the candle-making demonstration, she had us all choose some candles to take as souvenirs.

These lovelies are the ones I brought home.
It's a shame you can't enjoy the aroma!
Such juicy orange ripeness!
I've been keeping the two small ones in my car.
On a warm day, the citrus fragrance immediately brightens my mood!

Hold up there a moment! You mentioned that you had to get "caught up" tonight. What was that all about? Why were you late?

Oh!
That.
Well, you see, the Francophone Film Festival started tonight! The 7th Annual version. I have been present from its inaugural year in 2009 and was certainly going to be there this year, too.
But, I'll have more on that later.
I promise!
For now, bed time...

No comments: