Sunday, February 8, 2015

family outings, day 2


Such an awesomely beautiful day!
I arrived early for the visit with Bonnie and the boys, allowing me a little time to walk in the warm air and take in the changes to the Berkeley Place shopping center in Bluffton.
That's in South Carolina, y'all.
(smile)

Here's my stepmom,
Bonnie!
Why is she so surprised?
She had ordered
the Sampler Platter
at the new Mexican restaurant,
Cinco.
Instead of only one plate of food, she received TWO!
Wow!
She said it was all good,
but her favorite was the Chile Relleno!
Here is my nephew, Merritt.
He's nine now and had discovered that being finicky gets him more attention.
He had said he wanted the nachos con queso instead of one of the kid's meals.
Yeah, right!
This is my other SC nephew, Conner.
He is only six, but will soon be seven.
He's even pickier than his brother.
He got a kid meal and didn't eat a single bite of either the taco or the enchilada.
But he did manage to beat me in one of the pre-meal games of Tic-Tac-Toe!

The movie was "Paddington" and it was done quite lovingly. I can't say I was very familiar with the book, but the boys were! As exasperating as they had been at the restaurant, they were absolutely angelic in the cinema.
Nice!
Extra nice were the huge hugs they gave me several times today.
Thanks, boys! I needed that!
Still, I think Grandma Bonnie and I won't be sharing our next "lunch & a movie" date!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

So many good times we had in Bluffton!!!

Me and Bonnie and the boys!

This tv 'mercial brings those golden days to mind every time!

https://beachwalksoffaustina.blogspot.com/2022/10/my-favorite-mercial.html

We need to get together again, don't we?