Sunday, February 8, 2015

family outings, day 1


I didn't even have coffee this morning. I called up my middle brother, Ronnie, to see if he wanted to go to IHOP for breakfast.
He answered with an enthusiastic affirmative!
Such a good meal together we had!
I dined on his favorites, sirloin tips with onions and mushrooms and sunnyside-up eggs.
I had grilled sausage and fluffy pancakes with old-fashioned warm syrup.
What an uplifting way to begin the day!

About four hours later, I was in the company of his darling daughter, my first niece!
She is going to school for a teaching certificate, in addition to raising two boys and working full time.
That's really put a crimp in our socializing opportunities.
She made a hole in her schedule just for me today.
We dined on Mexican fare at La Parrilla, a place we had not visited together, but both of us liked.
She had the younger boy with her, but Lee is such an easy child to be around and has a smile that can brighten the darkest day.
Ah... so relaxing to be with her again!

The universe
sent a message
via my odometer.

161214

I had been
at the right place,
at the right time,
with the right people.
(smile)

The evening found me ushering at the Lucas for "The Princess Bride" - marvelous! Nothing like storming the castle with Cary Elwes and Mandy Patinkin! "As you wish", my dear! How excellent to see Peter Falk again, too. (I had caught an old episode of "Columbo" earlier, the one with Johnny Cash as a murderous singer. It was very good!)
Then some fierce "True Romance", pitting my man Christian Slater against Christopher Walken and James Gandolfini. No worries, Alabama has his back, and she is fierce!
Along the way, I got hugs from friends and a business card from a local photographer who wants to "capture your [my] joy for life".
Seriously!
I need to send Kinzie Ferguson an email right now so we can get started on the Joy project!
Later!

1 comment:

me (of course!) said...

texting earlier between me and Jeff (the ex), about one of his favorite films:

me: At the Lucas for The Princess Bride tonight. Fun!!
him: Oh cool! Music trivia for me tonight.
me: Fa la la! :-)
him: Have fun storming the castle!