Saturday, November 21, 2015

happy thanksgiving with the youngest brother!


Happy Thanksgiving, Tina!
May today be a really, really blessed good day as we remember how good God is toward us!
I am so truly thankful to God for giving me you for my sister! You've truly been there for me every single step of my life. Wow! How awesome is that!? I am very surely extremely blessed and highly favored.
Thank you my dear, sweet, wonderful sister. Take a moment and just bask in the greatness of how much you mean to me - and many others.
All i can say is that i know how truly blessed i am to be the recipient of your love.
Thank you for a lifetime of favor, good deeds, goodwill, patience, gifts, money, prayers and love.

Thank you, Tina.

And thank you for the great visit this past weekend.

Love ya lots.

Gld bless you,
His peace be with you,
His favor remain on you all your days
- in Jesus' name

Love,
Tony


How truly blessed am I!
After my return from north Georgia a few minutes ago, this missive was waiting to greet me. Excellent timing!
The visit with Dood went very well. Thanks to Nuvi's directions, I was there early enough to be seated in the visitation room just a few moments before the 9 AM start.
Incredible!
That meant I was there to welcome him as he arrived with the group of first entrants. Hooray!
Thanks to Bonnie, we had quite a feast during our visit, too! She had given me twenty dollars last weekend, after our movie.
That is exactly the amount allowed for food and drink purchases by visitors. Hooray!
As we talked about family and life and theology, I made sure he dined on all manner of treats.
Dr. Pepper was his drink of choice today. My visits are the only time he gets sodas.
He ate a cheeseburger with mushrooms, dosing it with salt and pepper and mustard. He also dined on 1 and 1/2 'Big A-Z' barbeque baby back sandwiches - I split that first one with him. Those flavorful foods were a rare treat for his taste buds.
Then he had a honey bun with cream spots, something he had really enjoyed when he was in the Chatham jail. Ah, such a small thing to bring such pleasure!
And the crowning glory for his expansive feast? Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom Vanilla Krunch ice cream bars.
Yes, the plural 's' is on purpose.
He indulged on three of them!
Dairy is a very rare treat, only received on visitation days, provided the frozen treats machine is working.
That one was a close call! The machine was down when we started our visit, but the maintenance guy fixed up about two hours later. Then we had to wait for the line to use it to go down! We didn't want to miss out on any time with each other by having me standing in that line.


Why this photograph? He must have thanked me three times for this birthday card I'd sent! His very own goldfish, in its very own bowl - no water needed!
(smile!)
We talked about his pet cat, too. I still find it incredible that he has a cat to cuddle now and then! I am go happy that he has that bit of touch while he is in the company of men.
All in all, a truly good visit!
When I left at 2 PM, the guard gave me a packet of material to bring home for Tony's box in my hall closet. As his locker is rather small, he occasionally sends written items home with me to free up room for commissary items, like food.
His box at my house is getting pretty full. It has several of the Bibles he has received for successfully completing religious courses. It also contains the study materials for those courses, correspondence from family and friends, and writings from the journal he has been keeping all these years. He speaks of one day perhaps writing a book from those journals. I hope he will. I'll look forward to reading it!
Now, I'm going to have some food, as I drove straight home today, no stops along the way. I wanted to minimize my time driving in the dark, so I had gassed up the car last night.
Good move!
I'll see "Rosenwald" later with Barbara and Sandy, before I call it an early night. This day began at 6 AM!
But what a good day it has been!

And such a beautiful drive, too! Fall colors and blue sky and light traffic!

No comments: