Saturday, November 28, 2015

silly ice cream giggles and lighted boats!



Woohoo! The annual Boat Parade of Lights was tonight!
I was there with "my first niece and my next-to-last niece", as I told the kind folks who made space for us there on the riverfront. I imagine that part of the reason they were so accomodating is J's white walking stick. However, they were older and quite kind, as well, so I believe they would have made a viewing space for us anyway. The woman and I had quite a nice bit of patter throughout the show!
As I said, I was with Christina and Chelsea, respectively, and the two foster kids currently in Christina and Jason's care. J and E are sibling teens and are both sweet and kind kids.
We arrived a little late, but we still saw plenty of boats!
One had Chilly Willy up topside!
One was even led by Rudolph!
Several had Santa Claus waving and grinning, whether aft, stern, or midship. (Yep, that's Navy talk coming out!)
There was even a boat with a small Eiffel Tower on the bow!
The funniest was a motorized fishing boat, bedecked with lights all along its topside. A solitary fisherman sat in the bow of the boat, fishing cap pulled low. Very funny!
We ate Chick-Fil-A sandwiches and ooh'ed and aah'ed over the boats as they cruised past. SOmetimes, we even waved right back at them!
After the parade, we started our leisurely way back toward Bay Street, but then stopped in our tracks.
What was that?
Are they testing the fireworks??
No, they were starting them early!
Hooray!!!
Back to our vantage point to partake of boat lights to our left and massive explosions of bright color to our right. Wonderful!!!
More oohs and aahs!!!
Afterward, Christina fetched the van and we headed back southside.
She and I talked a bit while the kids all dozed - very nice!
Once we were back at her house, we finished watching "Earth To Echo" so J could watch SpongeBob. That's when Christina whipped out the lactose-free ice cream and chocolate syrup!
Hooray!!!!
Oh, my! So very yummy!
We were all in grand spirits then!
The two sisters started tickling and picking at each other - funny!
I was petting Kahli and said "She's such a sweet girl", to which E piped up with "Thanks!"
Then she realized I was talking to the dog...
and we bust out laughing!
We just couldn't seem to stop!
Ice cream giggles!!!
(smile!)

What a great night!

1 comment:

faustina said...

I had completely forgotten about these two girls that Christina fostered!
Sometimes, rabbit holes can lead to wonderful remembrances of little things that meant a lot... like giggling with a another over a misunderstood comment.
Very nice.
And to think: I wandered here from following links on a post to a recently deceased friend.

https://beachwalksoffaustina.blogspot.com/2023/01/thanks-and-farewell-christa.html

Specifically, from reading again this link buried in the above post.

https://beachoffaustina.blogspot.com/2016/12/tis-season-of-parties.html

Yes, very nice.
i thank You, God.