Sunday, November 15, 2015

flamingo fest with friends!


I am now the humble owner of a flock of flamingos.
Or should that be 'flamingoes'?
No, let's not poke fun at a Quayle!
(smile)
Back to the birds, shall we?
(hahaha haha!)

Today was the Flamingo Fest!
I had tried to talk myself out of going.
Then I tried to talk myself out of bidding on birds.
As you can see, I was not a strong persuader.
(Hey, I just had to throw in that Robert Cray hook!)
In my defense, I see great potential in using this wreath for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's day, St. Patrick's Day, my birthday...heck, for any special occasion!
My thanks to Starlandia's owner for the design of this pair!

'The Flash' was designed by a little boy.
I didn't know that when I bid on it.
I knew two things about it:
1) the colors were perfect for my living room;
2) the name reminded me of Sheldon Cooper's costume in at least one episode of "The Big Bang Theory";
3) the name also reminded me of "Flash", Queen's theme song for the movie "Flash Gordon", one of my long-time faves!
I guess that was three things.
(smile)
And I was right: the bird looks good in my living room!

And this little one, painted on glass?
Honestly, that was the one I bid on first. Hung on a curtain with five others and a wind chime, I thought that would be my sole contribution to the fundraiser.
After all, I'm po' right now.
But once I got started bidding, I kept on.
Some bids I lost.
That's okay... I won these three.
And every time I look at them, I will think of Jin Hi.
That makes it all worth more than money.

While there, I was in good company.
The peace Guy was in town and kept me company while I sipped the Lamadrid Bonarda red wine from Argentina.
Patrick of Java Flicks sat with me, too, chatting about storytelling.
Jim Reed, Carolyn, and Ken were there, representing the Wednesday night film fanbase.
Odd Lotters Thomas and Andy, and their lady loves, rambled and chatted.
Doc Ock was spinning tumes, mindful of the age group and keeping it lively! Lots of 1970's, 1980's, and 1990's, if you catch my drift.
There was even Leopold's ice cream!

Now, I'm off for a Bollywood fix, with Barbara and Sandy joining me at the Royal in Pooler.
Which film this time?
It's another one with Salman Khan, "Prem Ratan Dhan Payo", this time with a definite "Dave" theme. Excellent!
I had so enjoyed him in July's "Bajrangi Bhaijaan", in which he helps a mute girl find her family.
He's so dreamy...and hunky... and he'll be fifty years old next month. So...very...dreamy!
(smile)

2 comments:

faustina said...

My flamingo in the hall reminded me that I have had him for more than thirty years.

How could I forget? I was walking by a toy store on Kadena Circle in Okinawa and fell in love with him as soon as I saw him and his lovely bowtie.

That was in 1982.

Wow... He still looks good, too!

Bollywood folks! said...

11/19/2015

see ya soon

Sent from my iPhone at Royal Cinemas & IMAX
*****

On Nov 19, 2015, at 1:23 PM, Faustina Smith wrote:

Most excellent! Saw it on Sunday with some friends and we all LOVED it! So good to see Salman Khan again!
Maybe I'll come see it again, too!
*****

Hello!!!

Prem Ratan Dhan Payo is extended for few more days, and will play until Tuesday November 24.

Please visit our website RoyalCinemasPooler.com for showtimes.

Thanks.

Royal Cinemas & IMAX
5 Towne Center Ct.
Pooler, GA 31322