Friday, September 25, 2015

story slam!


Tonight, my friend Sandy was in a Story Slam!
Yep, she's my soft-spoken karaoke buddy, but don't let that fool you.
Trust me, you give that woman a microphone and she comes alive!
She's been part of the Story Arts Workshop for a couple of months now. The guru decided it was time to share with the world, so this event was set up at Muse Arts Warehouse.
Sandy had invited me to it at least a month ago!
LOL!
Preemptive strike on her part. She knows how my weekends can get slap filled up and wanted to make sure I would be there.
She even picked me up tonight!
That turned out to be a really good thing. If she had not texted me after "The Intern", I might not have gone.
But I did go!
Her mom and stepdad were there, too, all lending moral support for her morale.
Hooray!
She was the only storyteller that used the key phrase "Best Shot".
Of the four official tale-spinners and four step-ups from the audience, she was the only one who made sure to do that.
She missed winning by one vote.
One vote.
She had all ten of my votes!
Here's her tale.



You tell me: shouldn't she have won?

No comments: