Wednesday, September 2, 2015

pitcher 8 of 13


Woohoo!!! I had so much fun as Pitcher 8 of 13 on Wednesday! I even have a VIDEO!!!! Thanks, Fran, for filming me!Now, to see if it uploads here...

Posted by Faustina Smith on Friday, September 4, 2015


Here I am, living the dream!
Actually, if I had ever thought it possible for me to be able to throw a first pitch on the mound at Grayson Stadium, before the final game of my boys of summer, then this truly would have been a dream come true!
As it is, it is beyond any hopes I might have had on how to complete my summer season.
Thank you, Joe Shepard, for granting me this opportunity.
Thank you, Fran Luce, for recording this experience for me to see and share.
Thank you, my beloved Savannah Sand Gnats, for a glorious season and years of summer enjoyment.

i thank You, God.

7 comments:

niece Emily said...

That is awesome!!

Scott said...

Looking good !

faustina said...

Just so you know, that's me in the white shirt and long black pants! After I "pitched", I ran to meet the tall gorgeous young man who "caught" it and gave him a big hug!
I was wearing the Sand Gnats t-shirt which has -me- on the back, wearing a faded purple top and sitting "in my seat" at the time. A little boy is standing on the steps beside me. I can recall that moment as if it were captured in amber.
Good times!
This moment was another, captured for forever!

Fran said...

You are most welcome. I had never emailed a picture nor video before.
I will be happy to send Willie one if you want me to.
Sure will miss our Sand Gnats and chatting with you there.
Call me sometime and maybe we can get together.

cuzn Billy said...

Strike!

Good job!

cousin Sharon said...

Loved it! Guess what...I did that once for the Augusta Green Jackets. It was fun. Did your team win? I don't remember if we won or not. I actually don't think I stayed for the whole game because we'd gone kayaking that morning and on a long walk/hike through the woods that afternoon and were tired.

Jeff McDermott said...

I wasn't able to watch this on my phone; I had to wait until I could access my laptop. What an honor!