Tuesday, September 15, 2015

my thanks to roget and seinfeld!


Woohoo! What a great night at Coach's Corner!
Good thing, too, as I had an exhausting second day of training with Wanda for the inspector job at Tybee Vacation Rentals. Instead of just working with me, she is also now training two others, Tonya and Cendies, a couple who are transferring from the housekeeping division. To complicate matters, I tripped on a step and fell; Wanda proceeded to treat me like an invalid, even though I assured her I was fine.
I was glad when that part of my day was done!
Just in time for me to change and bop over to the trivia game, too! Yeah!
Tonight, I especially wanted to be there. Some folks I hadn't seen for a while were going to be there! Shane Davis was there with his cousin, Christy Kessler, a former student of mine. (She was in my Spring 2001 class of Chem1152. Wow...that was just before I took three years off after Mama died. She almost missed having me as her teacher - that would have been a shame! I would have missed knowing her!) Don Brickey was there, too, as well as the usual suspects: Sandy Karlin, Barbara Nixon, and Kathy Haile.
A second reason for my presence tonight was the promise of a free dinner!!! The group was finally going to spend the remaining gift certificates from past wins. Hooray!!!
(JSYK: I had the fish and chips, with malt vinegar, of course! Very good and it was something I had not yet tried there. I also had part of a double brownie dessert, shared with Barbara, Sandy, and Christy. Yum!)
I can lay sole claim to answering two of the questions tonight, too. One question asked something like "Who invented a reference book that had his name in the title?". I still have the copy of Roget's Thesaurus I grew up with - how cool is that?!
(Yes, I am a word nerd as well as a science nerd.)
(smile)
The other question was like "How many seasons was 'The Seinfeld Show' on network tv?" Well, I had recently read that the show had 180 original episodes. Amazing, right? Not so much that the show had so many episodes, but that I remembered that little nugget. (I guess I owe thanks to my ex and his affinity for the show. Thanks, Jeff!) Figuring twenty episodes per season, that made 9 years. Amazing!
Such a good evening with friends!

No comments: